BYOWT! (Bring Your Own Weed Trimmer)
Now that the weather is cooling down, at least somewhat, we have one-day volunteer opportunity! A Work Party to clear weeds next to the runway, wind-tee and other places!
You may have noticed the weeds growing at the airport, especially next to the runway and around the runway lights. While we cannot mow yet with steel blades, due to fire concerns, we can use string trimmers to take out the weeds near the edge of the runway.
Be a part of keeping our community clean and have fun with friends and neighbors!
This Work Party is the weekend before Cops & Rodders / Show & Shine – Let’s get our airport looking good!
Meet at the South Gate at 8:00am. Donuts provided.
BBQ to follow work at about Noon
Objectives – Using string weed trimmers to avoid sparks:
1. Clear weeds to about 8 feet from the Runway edge on both sides, Including around lights
2. Clear/Remove weeds in circle around Wind-Tee
3. Trim weeds around Light Shed
4. Trim weeds around directional signs and fire extinguishers
· Training and safety briefings
· Safety Vests (if you have a safety vest, please bring it)
· Gas/oil fuel for 2-cycle weed trimmers
Please reply to the Airport Manager if you can participate by 5:00 PM Wednesday, September 8 so we can get a count for planning and food.
Thanks for supporting our Airport! See you there!